I have been a practicing attorney in Maryland for nearly 30 years successfully representing thousands of defendants in court on DUI/DWIs and criminal offenses. I know the court system well and hold my client's hands in court. I work hard to know every aspect of your case to try to come up with the best possible defense and outcome for you.
If you have been charged with a DUI/DWI, your Maryland Driver's license or privilege to drive in Maryland may be suspended from 45 days to a year depending on the circumstances. And if you possess a commercial driver's license (CDL), your license may be suspended for a year for a 1st offense and for life for a 2nd offense.
Recently, I represented a State employee (again) on a DUI charge. Because he held a CDL which he needed for his job, who was going to lose his job if convicted. After researching the case, I was successful in persuading the judge to dismiss the case.
Again recently, I represented a young man charged with a subsequent DUI just after getting off probation for an earlier one. He an alcohol concentration of 3 times the legal limit. I had no factual or legal defenses. He was certain that he would be doing jail time. I advised him what he needed to do prior to court. I presented to the judge various factors in mitigation. The judge suspended his sentence.
Even if you feel that you are guilty, you still may have rights that you may not be aware of and we can still help you.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal & DUI/DWI
- DUI/DWI in State & Federal Courts
- Theft and Fraud
- Domestic Violence
- Resisting Arrest
- Fleeing & Eluding
- Violations of Probation
- Driving Suspended/Revoked
- Driving without a License
- Vehicular Homicide or Manslaughter
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Maryland, 1985
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- Major: Taxation
- Brooklyn College of the City University of New York
- University of Baltimore's Business School, Adjunct Professor
- University of Baltimore, Director of the graduate tax program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys' Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Tax Department, Price Waterhouse in New York City
- Former IRS agent